1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

translate from a picture

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by cycleop, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cycleop

cycleop Thread Starter

I have a book written in French which I want to translate.I know I can manually type it all and get it done but this will take forever so,my question is,can I photograph every page,download these,then get the computor to recognise the print,then translate and print the pages off?I have windows vista.Thanks

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You can't translate from an image file. (jpg, tiff, bmp)
    You need OCR software to scan it and then you can copy and paste into something like google translate.
    OCR software isn't cheap.
    http://ocr-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

My scanner will scan as pdf, jpg or tiff. None of these is editable.
    My best shot would be to buy Adobe Acrobat and convert the pdf to a doc then work with it.
    Adobe Acrobat's price is outrageous for a non-business user.

3. valis

valis Moderator

depending on how old the book is, it may have transferred into the public domain. What's the author/name?

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  5. cycleop

cycleop Thread Starter

The author is Christian Gruslin,the book is"DU MERCATOR A LA CAPTURE D,HIMMLER",an account of the life of Albert Petit,my wife,s brother in law,who was involved with the capture of Himmler.The second suggestion sounds promising,thankyou.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice