1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trash Can for a PC case?!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Servant of Eru, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru Thread Starter

My little bro just told me about someone in his class suggesting that they use a Plastic Trash Can for a PC case. My first thought is WTF is he serious?!! He says the kid's dad is s'posed to be a computer technician. If this is true I want to know WTF he was smokin' when he came up with this GENIUS idea. Or is this actually a viable option?!! :confused:

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Don't know why not, seems it'd work just fine. Just make sure the hot zones are not touching the plastic.

By the way, I've used a cardboard box before. A trash can should be better than that.

3. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

i am laughing so hard right now... i have been browsing the pages of ebay looking for an inexpensive case... i never knew i had one underneath my kitchen sink!!!

4. pronute

pronute

Also people have used
    Toaster
    Shoebox
    Apple crate
    Hatbox
    All the components held together in a lump of insulation foam (very ugly)
    I forgot the sight where I saw all these Mods but it's out there somewhere.

5. Servant of Eru

Yeah, I know it's possible, it just didn't make sense since it's made of really cheap, easy to melt plastic. Some really cool mods that I've seen before that I had to do a search for are to follow...

[​IMG]

A link to the article about the "PC Toaster"

[​IMG]

A link to the article

[​IMG]

A link to the article

I can't find the Matrix Rebirth 8.0 mod, but that was an awesome mod and by far out does any of these. Someone please find and post the link and possibly a few pics? :D

6. suesman

suesman

I seen one where the guy used a remote control Hummer. 1/4 scale I do believe. Big ol' yeller thing it was.

7. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

hey, they sell those hummers for 99 bucks right now at walmart. my son wants one real bad. maybe ill get it for him, then when he's bored of it, i'll make use of it...

8. vesselle

vesselle

9. Rockn

Rockn

Now that was creative....someone with a lot of time on their hands for sure...:)

10. Servant of Eru

Nope, it was for a contest and they had a sponsor so they didn't have to pay for it. I've seen a better one though, it was from a link to a forum that I've now been banned from, at www.majorgeeks.com/vb in their case mod forum. It was a link within the topic Matrix Rebirth 8.0 Case Mod or something like that, and it was to a website that had hundreds of case mods, with pictures and instructions on how to do them. They had instructions for the fairly minute details of that one, such as wiring the fetus so that it would move while encased in the egg sack. It was freaking awesome. But I can't find the site, and my ISP's banned from that forum. Someone wanna go fish for it? ;)

11. RSM123

RSM123

12. antares

antares

The Caffeine Machine is the best!
    (y)

13. Servant of Eru

14. antares

antares

Wow! After looking at that, he must of have a lot of time on his hands.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice