1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'traycint' error interrupts browsing

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hunky_leo, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hunky_leo

hunky_leo Thread Starter

When I'm browsing w/ IE 5.5 (and even when I'm using other apps offline, I think), Windows will lock up, I press ctrl-alt-del and find that something call 'traycint' is not responding. I end the task but I usually have to disconnect my dialup session and restart my browser. How can I reconfig or what do I have to turn this off?

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

I searched and found that traycint has to do with MSN Explorer and mailcom.dll . It was suggested that renaming this file to mailcom.old might solve the problem. If you get a file is in use message, Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and end task on Trayclnt.
    Or they also suggested you go to Add Remove Programs and Remove
    MSN Explorer.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=traycint&hl=en&rnum=2&[email protected]

3. hunky_leo

hunky_leo Thread Starter

Well, that didn't help. I searched C: for mailcom.dll and found just one instance, renamed it mailcom.old, then used the browser several hours yesterday and today. This morning, traycint came up not responding' again. I searched C: for mailcom.* (as if it could somehow regenerate itself) and found nothing but the one I renamed. I have yet to hear from anyone else so I'll wait awhile longer for other replies (from postings made elsewhere). Thanks for trying.

4. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!