'traycint' error interrupts browsing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hunky_leo

When I'm browsing w/ IE 5.5 (and even when I'm using other apps offline, I think), Windows will lock up, I press ctrl-alt-del and find that something call 'traycint' is not responding. I end the task but I usually have to disconnect my dialup session and restart my browser. How can I reconfig or what do I have to turn this off?

hunky_leo

Well, that didn't help. I searched C: for mailcom.dll and found just one instance, renamed it mailcom.old, then used the browser several hours yesterday and today. This morning, traycint came up not responding' again. I searched C: for mailcom.* (as if it could somehow regenerate itself) and found nothing but the one I renamed. I have yet to hear from anyone else so I'll wait awhile longer for other replies (from postings made elsewhere). Thanks for trying.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online