1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Treid to boot Ubuntu via USB drive and now computer is useless

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Btedi1776, May 8, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Btedi1776

Btedi1776 Thread Starter

So, this is what happened to my Acer aspire 4520 laptop still running Vista. I created the Ubuntu drive and was gonna install from there. So I restart my computer, enter the Bois priority screen where the USB boot was forth in the order. I swear all I did was move it to the top and hit save changes and exit. The screen changed, loaded for a time, and then went white and had short horizontal lines popping up everywhere. I waited about a minute, nothing happened. So I restarted, again! Now the computer turns on but the screen stays black. Plz offer insight as I am completely green towards this issue. Thanks in advance!

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you set the hard drive as 1st boot device in the Bios instead of the Usb stick ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!