1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trend Micro PC-Chillin 2000 - Can't Install - Windows 2000 Service Pack 3

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jonasdatum, Aug 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonasdatum

jonasdatum Thread Starter

Hey.

Hello. Ok here is the problem I recently installed Windows 2000 aka Win2k Service Pack 3. Today I tried installing Trend Micro PC-Chillin 2000 for Win2k/NT OS. Everytime I run the install it gets almost complete and then it "rools back and cancels." Can somebody tell me why it does this? How to correct it? Plz somebody.

Here is the Cut & Paste from the Event Viewer.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 8/10/2002
    Time: 4:35:43 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: WIN2KASUSAS7333
    Description:
    The Trend NT Realtime Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

-End-

Should I try removing Win2k SP 3?

Thank You For Your Asistance.

2. wedor

wedor

Your event viewer show that it's installed but doesn't start because of a missing file. Was it installed before?

3. jonasdatum

Thanks for the reply.

It wasn't installed before. It was the last thing I installed on this system. I will try installing a old uninstaller and see if that helps.

According to the error doesn't complete installing!?

Unless I can identify the file(s) it's looking for and replace them. That could mean that I need to remove Service Pack 3. Install the antivirus and then reinstall the Service Pack.

Suggestions please.

4. jonasdatum

Hello.

I have removed and then reinstalled Windows 2000. After that I installed the software and it works. THIS ISSUE ISN'T solved. I still have to install Service Pack 3 to see how it effects everything. If anybody else has input, plz post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/90777

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice