1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trendnet Wireless Bridge

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bill9520032003, Aug 16, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Bill9520032003

Bill9520032003 Thread Starter

I have installed two sets of Trendnet wireless bridges out on a site. I have the two sets pointing towards each other respectively. I am attempting to stream video from the remote sites back to the main building and also internet out to the remote buildings. I am already getting video back and internet out, however I am losing one bridge or the other (never both). It is an intermittent loss, not predictable. The two bridge sets are respectively set to two different channels so that I shouldn't be getting any cross signals from the other unit. I am well within my distance parameters from trendnet. My MAC address' are put into the respective unit appropriately. and the IP address' are all unique (no duplicates). I have contacted support and they were not much help, told me it was likely environmental, however I have a clear line of sight and the units are, as accurately as possible, facing each other. I have attached a poorly drawn diagram of the rough layout that I have set up. All of the units involved are required for doing all of the tasks that we need, ie, the switches and wireless routers. Looking for any ideas as to how to solve the loss of bridge signal. Wireless bridge diagram.jpg

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Non-interfering channels? Or two that can interfere?

3. Bill9520032003

I didn't know about the interfering channels, I did some research into that and will try that and see what happens.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  4. Bill9520032003

So I have reset the bridges to account for interfering channels, so now I am getting communication to building b solidly, but I am not getting constant communication to building c. Its like it will be there one minute and I can access some stuff, then the next minute I am not able to load what I am trying to access.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Possible other wireless networks potentially causing interference?

Anything else (power transfer station, nearby high voltage power lines, ...) that could be causing interference?

Loose (even a little loose) devices or antennas that could be moving slightly?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice