1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trial period

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by clannie, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clannie

clannie Thread Starter

I am using Kaspersky on a trial period and I am not sure whether to keep it or not as it dosen't seem to pick up the problems that I am having.Last week I also did an online scan with Panda which picked up 3 problems.Straight after I ran kaspersky and nothing was found.I submitted hjt log to this forum and with your help managed to get rid of them.Again today I ran another online scan called Pestscan and it has found 7 problems,and told me exactly where they were , again I ran Kaspersky and it has found nothing.Can someone advise me what to do please,as the trial period is coming to an end and I was thinking about subscribing but now I am unsure.

2. khazars

khazars

Kaspersky and panda will find slightly different things! Kaspersky isn't picking anything up as you are clean! Panda is probably picking up some adaware and old reg entries!

what exactly is Panda finding?

Of the two, kaspersky is better. You may also consider trying Trend micro and Nod32 as trials, but they will not find much or anything at the moment as I have helped to clean you up, and that's what you want, all your scans coming up clean!

3. clannie

clannie Thread Starter

The problems were all in the registry local ,current and classes.Does that suggest old ones that are no longer a threat?Hope so, as cannot stop doing scans.

4. khazars

khazars

yes, Panda reports old reg entries pertaining to adaware etc, most of it can be ignored, this is why Kaspersky and others don't report it, because it's not a threat!

5. clannie

clannie Thread Starter

Ok very happy with that, and thanks once again for putting mind at rest.Will go ahead with Kaspersky then

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/404582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice