1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

tricky sound problem...need help please...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by aquaboy, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquaboy

aquaboy Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    I have just purchsed a new PC, which came with the Creative Inspire 2.1 speakers. I've noticed that the left speaker does not work, but when I swap them around, still the left one does not work. So that tells me it is not the actual speaker (as both work fine when connected to another PC anyway), but the left channel itself at the rear of the PCon the motherboard. The way this speaker set connects is that there is a wired volume control which has two leads - one to connect to the sub and the other to the "green" socket on the motherboard. Also, when I plug the green plug into the green socket on the front of the PC, they work fine. The PC vendor told me I have to choose whether to have the front port activated or the rear. Is that right? That doesn't sound right to me. I thought the front sockets were there for additional devices, not to replace the ones at the rear.

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.
    Cheers,
    Aquaboy.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice