1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tried backing up files using Roxio Creator Classic- one problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 2talll, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2talll

2talll Thread Starter

Half of the folders are empty! Just the empy folder got copied. Any ideas/suggestions? The project covered about 2 discs. I looked at the 2nd disc and more than half of the folders were empty. Tried the first disk and each time I tried opening a file it stopped responding and eventually Windows Explorer shut itself down.

I tried the fourth time and autoplay kicked in and when I tried to click on a file to see if it was actually on the disc it asked me if I wanted to retrieve it and send it back to it's previos location. Isn't there a way to just make a DVD+R that has all the files on it so I can just open the file I want like you used to do on a diskette or a CD-R???

I might just have to say screw it and go get an external hard drive because I'm about to throw my laptop out the window because of all my problems with the stupid DVD burner! UGH!!!

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Don’t know about Creator Classic, but I’d guess that the Laptop burner is OK, it was just given bad instructions.

External HDs are the way to go. May I suggest, shopping for an External HD Enclosure - then shopping for sales on internal HDs. You can get more gigs for the buck this way.

Don’t throw the laptop out the window, you could hurt someone. Ship it to me instead.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/374975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice