Tried Wiping and Restarting PC via Windows now stuck in loop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Welsby

Hi there! I’m really new to this stuff, it’s difficult for me to explain things but I will be happy to give any additional info if needed.

I basically did these steps - Settings > Security and Updates > Recovery > Restart this PC > Delete all files option.

After waiting through preparations for about 20minutes it restarted my pc for the first time then I was met with the starting screen with the words “Restart this PC” with another loading bar and percentage. After it completed this process it restarted once more, it came to the main startup screen for my pc with just the plain logo no words, then it restarted, it restarted Over and over for 45 minutes roughly with no sign of progress, no sign of anything happening at all, it is still going on now after another 45 minutes has passed, I did go and turn all of it off just to refresh it in case it got stuck but nothing has happened, it does the exact same off and on loop and I never get past the plain logo where you can access the bios etc if you need to.

Any suggestions?

Go download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to Generate a Windows setup DVD/USB memory stick. Then boot with the new media and start the install.

Welsby

Go download MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to Generate a Windows setup DVD/USB memory stick. Then boot with the new media and start the install.
I can’t do anything on my PC, I cant download anything, it doesn’t get that far, do you mean get a USB and download the stuff on there then put it into my current PC?

Last edited:

crjdriver

You have to use another [actually working] system to make the install usb.
Another option would be to boot your system with a linux live usb; go to the relevant site and make the usb however this option does require a reasonable level of skill since you must know how to use linux. From your posts, I would use the first option.

Do understand that ALL data on the system now will be destroyed. If there is anything you need [that is not backed up] you need to pull the drive and connect it to a working system to copy whatever data files you want. Again ALL data on the current system will be destroyed when you do a clean install.

Welsby

Another option would be to boot your system with a linux live usb; go to the relevant site and make the usb however this option does require a reasonable level of skill since you must know how to use linux. From your posts, I would use the first option.

Do understand that ALL data on the system now will be destroyed. If there is anything you need [that is not backed up] you need to pull the drive and connect it to a working system to copy whatever data files you want. Again ALL data on the current system will be destroyed when you do a clean install.
I will go ahead and try that, I will update you guys on the results

Welsby

Hi there! Could I have the link for the download for the USB please? I tried to do it myself but when I start my pc up and it just says “Invalid or Damaged partition”

I don’t want to sound annoying or anything asking for more and more but if I could just have a step by step it would be amazing just to make sure I’m doing it right!

crjdriver

1 Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and download the tool
2 Run the tool with at least an 8gig usb already inserted
3 Make the usb
4 Remove usb and insert into your failed system
5 Boot the system using the usb you made. Note you must set your system to boot from the usb. Read your manual as to how to accomplish this task
6 Do the install

Note you should have only the hard disk or ssd that you want windows installed on connected during the install. If you have any other hard disks, you should pull the pw connector from these disks. It makes an install go MUCH easier if you have all of the drivers, utilities, etc already downloaded and placed on a flash drive OR if your install usb is large enough, I make a folder on that called drivers or whatever. At the very least, you will need the chipset driver, sound driver, video driver, wireless driver [if using wireless] lan driver if using wired. I put any utilities ie irfanview, ccleaner, foxit reader, etc, etc on this as well.

You download these drivers from the motherboard support page for your board OR if this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever from the support page for that system.

Welsby

1 Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and download the tool
2 Run the tool with at least an 8gig usb already inserted
3 Make the usb
4 Remove usb and insert into your failed system
5 Boot the system using the usb you made. Note you must set your system to boot from the usb. Read your manual as to how to accomplish this task
6 Do the install

Note you should have only the hard disk or ssd that you want windows installed on connected during the install. If you have any other hard disks, you should pull the pw connector from these disks. It makes an install go MUCH easier if you have all of the drivers, utilities, etc already downloaded and placed on a flash drive OR if your install usb is large enough, I make a folder on that called drivers or whatever. At the very least, you will need the chipset driver, sound driver, video driver, wireless driver [if using wireless] lan driver if using wired. I put any utilities ie irfanview, ccleaner, foxit reader, etc, etc on this as well.

You download these drivers from the motherboard support page for your board OR if this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever from the support page for that system.

Tried all steps provided, error message “Invalid or Damages bootable partition”

crjdriver

If you are sure you are booting from the usb and not attempting to boot from the hard disk, then the usb was not made correctly. Much more likely is you are still attempting to boot from the hard disk. You do need to set your system to boot from the usb; that is done in the bios OR some systems have a quick boot menu that you access with a key or key combo [that is why I said you must read your manual]
To find out if the usb was made correctly, just use it to boot another system ie the one you used to make the usb. If it works there and not on your system, you know that the usb works and you are not booting from it but rather still attempting to boot from the hard disk.

Last edited:

Welsby

If you are sure you are booting from the usb and not attempting to boot from the hard disk, then the usb was not made correctly. Much more likely is you are still attempting to boot from the hard disk. You do need to set your system to boot from the usb; that is done in the bios OR some systems have a quick boot menu that you access with a key or key combo [that is why I said you must read your manual]
To find out if the usb was made correctly, just use it to boot another system ie the one you used to make the usb. If it works there and not on your system, you know that the usb works and you are not booting from it but rather still attempting to boot from the hard disk.
I have been able to overcome the last error message and I can now get to the point where I can press install on the new windows but after 5-10 seconds I’m met with yet another error! Windows Cannot Install Required Files 0x8007025D - Something I didn’t tell you earlier was that I am using a Mac laptop as my other working system to get the new windows from, I’ve been up all night looking at solutions and stuff but it’s incredibly complicated as it’s a Mac and there are so many different problems but that error message I’ve just provided is the main problem, would it even be possible to make a bootable UsB from a Mac? There are a lot of fishy looking 3rd party sites and apps for Mac so I’d love to some help to find which one is the right one, thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online