TriGem Dublin mobo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Philcarrie

I have an advent 3707 pc with a pentium 4 1.8 processor (400 fsb) . Does anybody know the fastest p4 I could put in it?????

Hard to say can't find any info on trigem past Pentium Pro with Windows 95 there support is worthless, the highest 400MHz FSB P4 are 2.4GHz, however that doesn’t mean that you can use one your multiplier has to be able to go up to 24X for that, and there is no way to tell, unless you Know what chipset the motherboard uses.

Philcarrie

haven't got the foggiest. I have been to all the trigem sites and motherboard.org but to no avail. Oh well, time to build a new one methinks, just don't tell the missus

If you do go for a motherboard that can be upgraded in the future for example if it's Intel go for Hyper threading technologies and get the best power supply (400w or more with at least 28 or more AMPs on the +5 volt output) you can, it really makes a big difference.

Philcarrie

cheers for that, I "inherited" this pc from my girlfriend, MY pc is still fairly future proof in the AMD camp, but she liked P4's for some mad reason.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online