1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Triple Boot Windows

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by old wrinkly, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. old wrinkly

old wrinkly Thread Starter

At the moment I have dual boot into getting with Macrium Reflect and Windows 7.
    I want to replace my hdd with a larger capacity ssd so that I can create a separate partition and install Linux.
    I am going to clone my existing windows 7 using Macrium Reflect.
    I would like to have the Linux installation come up as a third boot option but not sure how to do this so would welcome any advice.
    The reason for the change is that I want to run x-plane 11 in Linux as I have been told that it is more efficient at running x-plane 11 especially with a lower spec pc such as mine.
    Thanks in anticipation.

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

I would recommend multi booting which uses individual drives vs dual booting which uses 1 drive. Simply because of the MBR and GPT and then GRUB of Linux all being on the C drive of the dual booting. If one crashes they all go down.

With multi drive booting on a newer mobo....to access the different OS's all one needs to do is reboot and tap the F12 key to bring up the boot menu which bypasses the BIOS and then select your OS.

3. old wrinkly

old wrinkly Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay in responding but I was away for a few days and when I got back my broadband had decided to fail, I am only just about getting this message posted.

I have taken your suggestion on board and I am sorting out how to go about things.

Once again many thanks

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Check out youtube for videos on the subject.....there's plenty. At least this will give you a visual on it.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Which Linux 'distro' do you want to install ?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice