1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Triple monitor flash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by castlerock31, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. castlerock31

castlerock31 Thread Starter

Operating system: Vista
    I am running triple monitors on an ATI Radeon HD 5670. The card has an HDMI port, a DVI port, and a Display port. Using a display port to HDMI active adapter I successfully got all three up and running. My issue is that while two monitors are hooked up directly, my third connection is a HDTV ran through a Yamaha receiver. Whenever the receiver is turned on or off or switched between my other devices, the computer recognizes it as new hardware and attempts to incorporate it into my display. This causes all of my monitors to flash and turn on and off until I open display settings to disable the monitor. So when I turn my PS3 on or off, my computer thinks I am trying to incorporate a third monitor. I have updated all the drivers with no success. Is there a program or setting that will force my computer not to alter the display when it detects another monitor?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Not that I'm aware. Windows and the drivers aren't written with TV sharing in mind. They expect any device connected to be in use.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice