1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Triple Monitors for gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by divineobsession, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. divineobsession

divineobsession Thread Starter

Im trying to hook up 3 monitors to my alienware laptop using a hdmi splitter for gaming but my computer will not reconize the other monitors its only reconizing 1 monitor so the same this is on all 3 monitors can i use three screens with my computer and need addition equiptment to do this plz help

2. wisconsinb5

wisconsinb5

Have you checked how many monitors your computer can handle? Some are limited

3. Dougx789

Dougx789

Please give the model of your alienware laptop.

A HDMI splitter will send the same image to multiple monitors (I presume you're looking to display different things on each monitor)

Additionally can I ask why you want to use 3 monitors for gaming? This will put a lot of stress on you graphics card and you will see a massive drop in FPS.

4. jamesx121

jamesx121

well at one time Alien-Ware & Falcon was the Best of the Best,,,Be All of the End ALL
    Like JayZ owning a Gulfstream 550 private jet.

if I paid several thousand dollars for a Beast of a computer,,,,,then U tell me ""sorry
    I can't run 3 monitors"""""
    I would be pissed.........
    WHY OHHH WHHHHYYY DID Alien-Ware SEELLLL OOUUTT to DELL????.
    I know why---a lot of people couldn't afford Alien-Ware---.
    now days it might say Alien-Ware on the case-----but its a DELL inside where it counts.
    UUUUGGGGHHH-----
    I haven't heard the name Falcon in a long time--not sure if they are still in business.......

5. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

In answer to the OP- the output is correct. Your computer is sending out 1 signal, and it is being split AFTER it leaves the computer to show on 3 screens. As such, it is only copying the signal- same as a photocopier, 1 in and many out, but all the same.
    Unless you have multiple "out" sockets for your gPU (unlikely on a laptop) then you are very limited. you can get USB graphics cards, but I have only used these for work and doubt that it would be even close ot effective for gaming.

Short answer- without knowing exact specs, I would say you are one 1 monitor only.

to Doug- 3 monitors on the right setup (full rig, not lappy) is wonderful and with decent hardware FPS isnt a problem. Trust me on this (see my spec ) :)

6. Dougx789

Dougx789

Yeah on a high spec PC a triple monitor set up can be very impressive.

I was referring to the OP trying to run a triple monitor set up from a laptop

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147728

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice