1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Triple monitors with one 3D display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tenrai, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tenrai

Tenrai Thread Starter

Hello
    My name is Matthew. I have had for quite some time a dual monitor set up and have wanted to get a third for productivity reasons and such. At the moment I have 2 regular 23 inch displays. What I would like to get is another monitor but for it to be a 3D monitor.
    This evening I have gone down to my local computer store and asked a few questions on my desired set up.
    I told them that I know how to set up 3 monitors easily enough, but would throwing in a 3D monitor as the third cause a problem? The majority of the tech team down there told me that I would require a 3D graphics card along with the monitor to be able to make this happen.

In my eyes, for example... one of my games, Battlefield 3, has been patched for 3D capabilities. If this is the case then all you would need is a 3D monitor and a pair of glasses for the sterioscopic to become 3D? To me it all seems to be in the software.

Please enlighten me if I am incorrect on this. I only want to monitor for gaming in 3D, nothing else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice