1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Tripod suggestions for a camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by kaaos, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kaaos

kaaos Thread Starter

:confused:

First off thanks for looking. I Was looking on ebay for a new tripod . I never had on before. I see the models with a "AT-"then a number next to it....what does that mean?

I don't want to go over 100 dollars if possible. and i guess i need some thing at least 50' or is it even necessary for it to be that long?

use will be mainly home movies not pro. I have an older Sony TRV-250 HI8 camcorder so its not for pro use. my main ci\concern is steady pics since the cam i have does not have "SEADY CAM" feature.

Thanks in advance for your help(y) :)

2. linskyjack

linskyjack

For that price, almost any tripod will do. If you intend to lock your camera down, then just look for something that feels steady on the ground. If you want to step up, find a tripod that does fluid pans and tilts.

3. xgerryx

xgerryx

Be aware you need a tripod with a panning handle. Some tripods designed for still photography dont have them. As Linskyjack says, find one that does fluid pans.

4. Sushifiend

Sushifiend

Yes, get one with a "fluid head" if at all possible. A built-in spirit level is also a handy feature, as is a quick release plate that attaches to the bottom of your camera that then snaps into the tripod head, as opposed to turning a screw every time you want to mount or unmount it.

5. kaaos

kaaos Thread Starter

thanks for the suggestions!

6. kaaos

kaaos Thread Starter

waht is a spirt level used for?

7. Sushifiend

Sushifiend

aka a "bubble level," to make sure your tripod is, um, level. :)

8. kaaos

kaaos Thread Starter

awsome tnx!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!