1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trojan Attack

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bigmuny, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigmuny

bigmuny Thread Starter

For about the past 4 days I have been constantly bombarded with the Default Backdoor Sub Seven Trojan Attacks...I mean one after the other with different IP's and different ports...I have Norton AV and Norton Firewall 2003 Pro and it is stopping these attacks..but I can't use my computer as it is one after the other..you should see my log..what is going on and how do I stop these attacks...I don't have any viruses or Trojans (I think) I have Trojan Remover and Tauscan that I run along with Norton daily..sometimes a couple times a day...help me...

2. $teve

$teve

Sounds like you have enough anti programs to keep the hackers at bay.....but if you want we can check over your system for anything fishy.
    go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ , and download 'Hijack This!'.
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log somewhere, and please copy & paste its contents to the forum.

It will possibly show issues deserving our attention, but most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.
    Someone here will be happy to help you analyze the results.

;)

3. bigmuny

bigmuny Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply...will do as you suggest...

4. BillC

BillC

For a few days, a possible new RPC DCOM vulnerability has been discussed on a number of vulnerability lists. I think this has set off a new round of worms and trojans bombarding the internet. The lastest one is Randex.Q worm.

The alert you recieved from your firewall mentioned Backdoor Sub Seven Trojan because there are several ports this family of trojans will attack and those are the ones where you recieved alerts.. It does not mean you have an infection.

However, it never does any harm to review your HJT log to see just what might be there. Steve is really good at reviewing them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice