Trojan.download

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nathalie Nar

How do I get rid of the virus Trojan.download?

Symantec found it but can't clean or quarantine it.

Thanks.

Nathalie

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Need a bit more information Nathalie such as what is your operating system,If its XP do the following ....

Disabling System Restore (Windows Me/XP)
If you are running Windows Me or Windows XP, we recommend that you temporarily turn off System Restore. Windows Me/XP uses this feature, which is enabled by default, to restore the files on your computer in case they become damaged. If a virus, worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer.

Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore. Therefore, antivirus programs or tools cannot remove threats in the System Restore folder. As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other locations.

If you havent done this before follow instructions on this site http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001111912274039?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

Also, a virus scan may detect a threat in the System Restore folder even though you have removed the threat.

Nathalie Nar

I am not very good at computers. My operating system is XP.

I need step by step instructions or better yet a program that can clean this virus. By the way it just keep popping up and tha virus name is Download.Trojan.

Thanks

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
OK just click on the site I gave you above printed in red,it even has pictures to show how to do it, and this may very well do the trick if you follow the instructions given,its quite easy to do just take your time,when you have done what it says,run another virus scan and post back with any comments ....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online