1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trojan horse downloader.Keenval.C {Moved thread, needs assistance}

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bsphillips, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsphillips

bsphillips Thread Starter

Nov 7, 2005
    Problems with pop ups, slow computer, numerous things going on. AVG detected this particular trojan but still believe it is or somthing is still running in the background. How do I get this cleaned? Thank you in advance.
  2. Sponsor

3. Tech_Fix

Tech_Fix Banned

Jun 23, 2008
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, but before anything else, what does the pop-ups say, and when they appear?
  4. Mega Tron

Mega Tron

Jul 14, 2007
    Download HijackThis and Post a Log File

Here are the instructions.
    1. Download HijackThis Setup
    2. Save HJTsetup.exe to to folder of your choice, then navigate to that folder and double-click HJTsetup.exe to start the installation.
    3. By default, HijackThis (HJT) will be installed in a folder called C:\Program Files\Hijackthis. A "desktop icon" or shortcut will also be created by default.
    4. Accept all default options by continuing to click Next or Install during the setup process.
    5. When you click 'Finish', HJT will automatically open, so you can perform your reference HJT scan.
    6.Now click on Scan & Save Logfile.
    7.After scan is complete it will save the log for you.
    8.Open up the Notepad document and copy it's contents into a post in the forum I specified.
    9.Post a log in the Malware Removal Forum

References: http://wiki.castlecops.com/HijackThis_download_and_Installation_Instructions
  5. cybertech

cybertech Moderator

Apr 16, 2002

I have removed your post. Please refer to the rules concerning malware removal.

Log Analysis/Malware Removal - In order to ensure that advice given to users is consistent and of the highest quality, those who wish to assist with security related matters must first graduate from one of the malware boot camp training universities or be approved by the administration as already being qualified. Those authorized to help with malware issues have a gold shield [​IMG] next to their name and authorized malware removal trainees have a blue shield next to their [​IMG] next to their names. Anyone wishing to participate in a training program should contact a Moderator for more information.

Please refrain from replying to security related matters on this forum until you have presented evidence to one of the moderators or admins here that proves you to be qualified to do so. If you are not yet qualified and interested in being trained, we will be glad to help you get enrolled at one of the free online training facilities. Just PM me or one of the other moderators that work Security and we'll point you in the right direction.
  6. cybertech

cybertech Moderator

Apr 16, 2002
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/742551