1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trojan horse named "system restore"?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by strawman50, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawman50

strawman50 Thread Starter

WIN XP SP3
    a program with the title: "system restore", has taken over my computer. I mistakenly opened a link in an email to open a spanish website called "salusa sirius", I clicked on a tab named: games to play, then the system restore window appeared and took over. It put two icons on the task bar: a caution triangle and a windows logo in a square box.
    details on open window:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    buttons: system restore, control panel, scan PC, repair PC, settings
    there is a report window containing a lot of computer errors like:
    damaged hard drive clusters detected. private data is at risk. re...
    hard drive rotational speed decreased by 20%
    hard drive rotational speed exceeds system limits and may cause...
    hard drive space less than technical limits
    RAM memory speed decreased significantly and may cause a sys...
    Hard drive does not correspond to system requests
    boot sector of the hard drive is damaged

bottom buttons: buy now, continue with limitations

Some of the many error messages say:
    failed to save all of the components for the file \\System32\\00000032. the file is corrupted or unreadable. this error may be caused by a PC hardware problem. cancel retry continue.

files indexation process failed.

critical error: hard drive OS could not....

hard drive clusters are damaged...

RAM memory reliability is extremely low...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    i can't get the computer to do anything. Even the run window does not work, no command line entries work. Can't open any programs or get to system restore. There is a black screen, but the task bar remains and I started MS Security Essentials to do a full scan. It returned a detected item: Trojan:DOS/Alureon.E, alert level: severe, status: error encountered, recommended: quarantine. Error message: security essentials couldn't apply the action your selected. error code: 0x80501001 Details: security essentials error: error code 0x80070032. The request is not supported. Category: Trojan. Items: boot:\\PHYSICALDRIVE0\PARTITION3(TYPE17)
    The "apply" button is ghosted.
    Under the online info button: Definition 1.115.712.0 [MSSE was able to open IE to get this]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice