trojan horse viruse/can't OPEN anything

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

C-Smoove

Hello,

I have a slight problem. I have Windows XP home Ed. I got a virus from somewhere and I think i got rid of it by using AVG but I can't open any of my programs. Can anyone please help me with this task.

To double check the virus is gone, I'd do an online scan at TrendMicro's HouseCall. You did say you 'thought' you got rid of it.

A Hijack This log may give the experts {not me} a better idea of what is going on.

Hi C-Smoove-
You can get Hijack This here-
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Unzip and scan. The scan button will turn into a save log button. Save it,copy and paste it back into this thread. Don't fix anything yet because most of it is needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts