1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trojan.js.logo

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Nester, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nester

Nester Thread Starter

Does anyone have any information on a trojan, named trojan.js.logo ?

My Mum & Dads computer was infected with it last night, and Kaspersky Anti Virus picked it up during a scheduled scan.

I have tried doing a search for it on Google but I can't find anything about it, I am posting from my own machine here but tomorrow I could post in the (startup list) if you need it.

I have left the computer as it is for the moment untill I find out more about so I can remove any registry entries it may have created ect.

Thanks very much for your help and support

Nester

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi Nester,
    try this site and scroll down to the Trojan.js viruses and see if they have your info.

3. Nester

Nester Thread Starter

Thanks for the help and quick reply!

I didn't manage to find it on the symantec website but I have just found something about it on the McAfee website, here is what it say's;

When a web page containing this trojan is viewed in the web browser, a Javascript attempts to use the Scriptlet.Typelib security hole to create the file LOGO.HTA in the user's startup folder. The next time the computer is rebooted, the LOGO.HTA creates some entries in the user's favorites folder without permission.
    The trojan web page is detected as JS/Logo.dr, the HTA file is detected as JS/Logo, and the links it creates are detected as JS/Logo.dropped.

I will have KAV remove it and rescan with something like TDS-3 and the cleaner just to make sure!

Thanks again for your help

Nester

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice