1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trojan on Post!!???

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by jmwhite, Apr 14, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. jmwhite

jmwhite Thread Starter

I tried to open the post titled "Exploit-URLSpoof.gen" from
    "phx1hab" and my AV found this to try and launch a trojan.
    It is in the Windows NT/200/XP section and was posted on April 14, 2004.
    Should this post be removed??!!

2. cheese

cheese

Im pretty sure its not a real trojan, its a link that looks like it goes to one site, but send you 2 another (seen it on a joke site about microsoft)

3. hewee

hewee

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I saw someone reported that thread, but nothing happened when I went there as well......so I'm :confused:

5. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Yes that was me, still getting it there too, so I'm staying away :eek:

6. ~Candy~

The fact I'm not running a virus program at the moment may have something to do with it :eek:

:D :D

Let me install one and test it ;) Lol, what I don't do for you people ;)

7. ~Candy~

:eek: :eek: Just tested on hubby's computer :eek: He's running McAfee and it cried? Something trying to go to temp directory. Chose to delete.......Strange one.

What virus programs are you guys running that sees it?

8. dai

dai

just normal when i clicked on it

9. jmwhite

jmwhite Thread Starter

I am the original poster that reported the problem. I am running Mcafee AV and as soon as I opened the post the AV cried out in pain. Temp, restore points and several other areas of the OS (XP Pro). I restored my system back a few days in order to be sure to remove all.

10. cybertech

11. ~Candy~

Hmmm...wonder if Norton finds it. Hmmm......let me install Norton on my XP machine.......again ;)

12. ~Candy~

If you don't hear from me soon, I'm lost in Norton Hell :eek: :eek: :D

13. cybertech

Your last post was 1:18pm, it's now 3:34pm. That's why I use McAfee :D

My version is 4.5 but I'm going to put 7 on in my *spare* time. I'll have to check that site again then and see what happens. McAfee just reports it to be malicious html code so I'm not really worried about it, I just don't like the little bug thing that comes up. ;)

14. ~Candy~

Well, I have bigger problems than Norton at the moment. I had to do a reinstall of XP, but Norton was on that partition, but it doesn't show from the start/programs, so I figured I'd be cute and just reinstall it.......no go.....it's not happy....so I'll have to do a manual uninstall. I use McAfee on half my systems and Norton on the other half, usually both work well unti I start playing around like this ;) Like I said, this is my test machine, so format c: is always an option :D :D

15. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    AcaCandy, there is another thread in the Windows XP forum I think. I replied to that one. Just to let you know.

As for the post, I have Norton and I have replied to that post a lot and had no problems... though I was on a MAC at 99% of the time....

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice