1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trojan program Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.ied

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by m0rgansp, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m0rgansp

m0rgansp Thread Starter

deleted: Trojan program Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.ied File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\msconf.exe
    i ran my kaspersky yesturday and it found that a file msconf.exe was infected or was a trojan (Trojan program Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.ied) it couldnt disinfect it so it had to reboot and then delete it it was up in my registry as well so i started in safe mode and deleted all that had to do with msconf.exe. as well as booted into my second drive so as to disinfect my drive without having to run any processes at all well the next day it came back obviously i missed it somewhere i think i got it now but i wont know till tomorrow but i have been experiancing laggs and my browser stalling ect. my question is, is this a serious worm i have read up on this win32.rbot but all the articles have a different .end to um none i have found to be the .ied like mine? they say that this is malware but has worm like tendencies??? so what, it will change its .name if you delete or what. will it start to corrupt files?????????basically what im askin is it worth tryin to dissinfect or could i just save my files and reformat. i forgot to save the hijack this file so i cant show you that but its not appearing on the scan now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice