Trojan Remover

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soldier

Could anyone recommend a program to search for Trojans on my computer?

soldier

Since its online does that mean that it will scan all my files and know what I have on my computer?

Hi soldier

It's not scanning your files - it's trying to find an open port and connect to a trojan - to see if you have one

soldier,

If you decide to try Trojan Remover you should be certain (as with any utility that can alter important files) that you understand what is happening and are happy about it.

I have it at the moment and have not had any problems but, from my reading of the documents, I don't think it has a restore option. Unlike the programs reviewed in the Wilders link, TR is not a real time scanner running in background. It is just for removing them if they get by your AV or real time anti trojan program.

I have The Cleaner at the moment so I use TR just to check occasionally. It does two types of scan; the first is of the usual places trojans launch from and the second is of any files or Applications you specify or the whole HD if you want.

I shall probably pay and register because The Cleaner is not very highly rated, but if you're only curious, you can scan your comp as many times as you like during the 30 day trial. The writer of TR is very good at Support if you did run it and had any questions about what it finds.

cnm

I run both Trojan Remover and Trojan Hunter. Trojan Hunter to do real-time scanning, Trojan Remover for a fast bootup scan.

Triple6

Rob
or you can an antivirus program that will find viruses, trojans, worms, and all those fun things.

Is that on-line scan working??????

I've been to that site before, click Start Check and .....nothing! I've had my FW both on and disabled. Has anybody successfully used it?

cnm

Works for me. Of course it only sees the address of my router so it's not too interesting to me. Maybe you need to lighten up your browser security..

Edit: Just saw this:
The online check only works with MS Internet-Explorer 4 or higher with JavaScript activated.

Just tried it myself buckaroo, but it didn't register my correct IP :confused:

Debe

Thanks guys! Lowered my browser security setting to medium-low and that did the trick. :D Hadn't thought of that. :eek:

The test came up clean.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online