1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trojan virus Sirefef disabled windows defender & Micro Trend f firewall

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by waltfult, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waltfult

waltfult Thread Starter

I have a HP laptop with windows vista and have Mico Trend antivirus protection. The other day Micro Trend program stated I had a trojan virus sirefef DD. & sirefef sls. Micro Trand program could not remove virus. The virus has turned off the Micro trend Firewall and has also turned off Windows Defender and windows firewall. I download ,malwarebytes program and a registry cleaning program. Malwarebytes and the registry cleaner cleaned several files, but still I can not turn the firewalls back on. I repeated the cleaning and found more files to clean and delete, still not able to turn on firewall. Any ideas on how to fix the problem

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Hi Waltfult and welcome to TSG. My name is Mark and I will be helping you.

Using Malwarebytes was a good move but running a Registry Cleaner is not. Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable. They are never used for Malware and should only ever be used if you have a high level of knowledge with regard to the system registry.

Please run another scan with Malwarebytes and post the log as follows:

Please run Malwarebytes and post the log as follows:
    • Open Malwarebytes and allow it to update with the latest definitions, then run a Quick Scan.
    • When finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click Show Results to display all objects found".
    • Click OK to close the message box, then click the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
    • Make sure that everything is checked and then click Remove Selected.
    • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
    • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
    • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
    • Exit Malwarebytes when done.
    If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.

Please also run this:

Please follow the instructions exactly as written, deviating from the instructions and trying to fix anything before I have seen the logs may make your PC unbootable. If TDSSKiller does not offer the Cure option DO NOT select delete as you may remove files needed for the system to operate.
    Please download Kaspersky's TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!
    -- The tool is frequently updated...if you used TDSSKiller before, delete that version and download the most current one before using again.

Be sure to print out and follow the instructions for performing a scan.
    • Extract (unzip) the file to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the Desktop.
    • Alternatively, you can download TDSSKiller.exe and use that instead.
    • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
      Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    • If an update is available, TDSSKiller will prompt you to update and download the most current version. Click Load Update. Close TDSSKiller and start again.
    • When the program opens, click the Change parameters.
      [​IMG]
    • Under "Additional options", check the boxes next to Verify file digital signatures and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.
      [​IMG]
    • Click the Start Scan button.
      [​IMG]
    • Do not use the computer during the scan
    • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
    • If 'Suspicious objects' are detected, the default action will be Skip. Leave the default set to Skip and click on Continue.
    • If Malicious objects are detected, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
      [​IMG]
    • Ensure Cure is selected...then click Continue -> Reboot computer for cure completion.
      [​IMG]
    • Important! -> If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead. Do not choose Delete unless instructed. If you choose Delete you may remove critical system files and make your PC unstable or possibly unbootable.
    • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C: ).
    • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
    -- If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these instructions. In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it to something else before beginning the download and saving to the computer or to perform the scan in "safe mode".

3. Mark1956

Mark1956

Could you please let me know if you wish to continue or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice