1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble Booting from Instalation Disc

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by goblinbee, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. goblinbee

goblinbee Thread Starter

I recently had some malware issues and (long story short) have decided to re-install my operating system (win7 64-bit). However, when I try to boot from the installation disc, I run into an issue. I get to the "press any key to boot from disc" option, but even after I press a key nothing happens. I know the keyboard is on because it is lit up. I checked the USB configuration in the BIOS and all the options are enabled. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

2. Gala1221

Gala1221

Try waiting? Sometimes you have to wait. Either that, or your disk isn't working properly because I tried to make a slipstreamed Windows XP disk before and it happened to me. Eternal waiting.

Check if your disk is working properly.

3. goblinbee

goblinbee Thread Starter

How do I do that?

4. Gala1221

Gala1221

I don't really know because im not that good in computer [advice for obtaining pirated software deleted by mod].

Thats what I did because I lost my CD and I would discourage cracking it because it ruins lots of things.

5. goblinbee

goblinbee Thread Starter

Actually that is exactly what I did. I have made two separate discs from two different .iso files on two different PCs with two different iso burning programs and am still getting the same issue. I really don't know what to do at this point.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Some people could profit by reviewing the forum rules. We do not help with pirated software. Closing.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice