Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble booting from USB

406 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bbgarnett 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, so I am trying to install windows on my desktop again(fresh Install, I have my SSD in and I have windows on a flash drive that I know works as I have used it on other machines recently. Anyways I can get it to boot so it will show the windows logo and the dots in a circle etc and then it goes to the purple screen where you would normally have the prompts to choose a drive to install on etc etc. All I get though is a blank purple screen and I can move and see the mouse pointer. So just wondering what is going on.

Desktop is from 2011/2012
Gigabyte A75M-D2H Mobo
AMD A8 3870K and is just using the built in APU. 8GB ram

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edit: well it looks like it might finally go, I just let it sit there for a while about 10-15 minutes and it finally brought up the prompts, but my SSD did not show up. Shows up in Bios though. Just seems like everything is taking like a long time so if I click repair computer it just sits there and then 5-10 minutes later it actually goes through to the next screen. So not sure what is causing it to be so slow like that.

#2 ·
I would start by testing your hardware. Most ssd mfg have a toolbox or monitoring software on the support page for your ssd. What exact brand ssd are you using?

Next have you tested your memory? If not, do so. Use memtest https://www.memtest.org/
Note this runs from bootable media so no need for an operating system to be installed.

Next enter the bios and check your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Usually with a gigabyte board this is under Health or PC Health in the bios however read your manual. Let the system run in the bios for at least two min to stabilize temps/voltages. See if the 12V rail is going up and down. The only voltage the should vary is vcore or cpu voltage.

#3 · (Edited)
OK will give that a look.

It's a WD SSD

I plugged it into an adapter on another computer and so here is the CDI. Also am running memtest and have had 0 errors so far. Will post a picture of that.

Thanks

Also here is a video of my Voltages and Temps. I forgot to Mute my TV it's not loud but just warning you there is background TV noise.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.