Trouble connecting computer to home network drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WindowsXPsp95

I have been having issues connecting my ASUS laptop running windows 8 to my home network drive. it does not want to accept the password. however i have been able to connect it up to my dell latitude D610. the drive is being hosted on my dell SX270 running windows 2000. any help on why this is happening and how i could fix it would be great, thanks

I have been having issues connecting my ASUS laptop running windows 8 to my home network drive. it does not want to accept the password. however i have been able to connect it up to my dell latitude D610. the drive is being hosted on my dell SX270 running windows 2000. any help on why this is happening and how i could fix it would be great, thanks

So you're trying to access the drive on another windows computer?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is this drive attached to a router or a computer?
If a computer, have you "Shared it" so other computers and users can see it and use it?

Fireflycph

Morten
I see that you're trying to connect using the credentials from your own computer. In this case "ASUS". Try to connect as other user and put "Win2000\Username" where Username is a existing user on the W2K machine.

If it's attached to another computer you need to input the name and password of that computer. Windows 10 requires you to set up a password now before you can share. Just username is not supported anymore. Therefore if is how I think it is this is how you need to resolve it:

-1 Get on the computer which is hosting the drive you're trying to access
-2 Take note of that pc name
-3 Set a password
-4 Now go back to the window you've shown above, put username and password and it should work.

I see that you're not updating... Please let us know if you've solved it on your own, if you've dropped this or whatever.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online