Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble connecting receipt printer

989 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Barkington 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I have recently been given a POS system from a friend in a different country. It is quite an old system and the receipt printer is some overseas brand I have never heard of.
POS system is Sam4s Touch Screen POS System. Running XP I believe. Windows Embedded pos ready 2009.
Im having trouble connecting the printer to the POS. I downloaded and installed EPSON advanced printer driver and the printer shows ready in printer settings. Then I try to do a test print and it drops out mid print always at the same spot and goes to "offline" then "not available". It doesnt come back online unless I reset. Sometimes that doesn't even work.
The printer is an Ultra Fast TM200. After doing some research I found that the compatible printer is EPSON TM-T88iii. It also prints really slow when it does print
At this point im wondering if there is a faulty cable. It runs on the old serial ports.
Or im thinking it could be something to do with the IP addresses.

#2 ·
If it's directly connected, it's not an IP address issue, that would only apply to network devices.

As to the problem, it could be the serial port, cable, or printer. The only way to determine further is by further testing. Test the printer on another device/computer. That will determine if you have a PC or printer issue.

Based strictly on your description, I'm inclined to believe the printer is faulty.

#3 ·
Thank you for the swift reply.
It's good to have narrowed it down. He doesn't think there was a problem with it before. I can't try on my PC as I don't have the serial port. I am going to purchase a parallel to USB port and try on the PC and see if I can source where the problem is occurring.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.