1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trouble connection to dsl after reboot

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by scifoc, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scifoc

scifoc Thread Starter

hey now,

i've been a bellsouth dsl user for a year with no problems. i had to resintall windoze 98 recently and have been going through hell with my dsl connection ever since then. bellsouth support can't help me anymore.

dsl sets up fine. i've got an allcatel speed touch dsl modem. i've set it up through dial up networking. it works fine when i do that. as soon as i reboot, however; it will never connect. i've notice when the machine is firing up, it says it is updating windows setup files...then when the machine comes up and i try to connect, it just sits there until i get a 650 error which basically means it can't find the server. so i uninstall all the software, unhook the usb connector, reboot, reinstall the software and the usb modem and i can connect again.

fwiw, my machine is a amd 1ghz, 512mb ram, on an iwill 266-r motherboard.

can anyone help me? i'm about to lose it!

jonathan:eek:

2. 4 Computer Fix

4 Computer Fix

Well here are some things I have found out about your problem:

#1 - you are not the only one with the problem (that'sgood and bad news)

#2 - http://www.dslreports.com/comment/554/21974 - read this - this guy went through Bellsouth with the same DSL modem with the same problems you have and finally had to get another DSL modem.

#3 - I see alot of advice of uninstalling and reinstalling DUN (ex. PPPoE/A customers, error 650. Server is unreachable. First try reboot/power cycle modem by unplugging for 60 seconds. Try un-installing, then reinstalling DUN)

Hope this helps you out just a tad. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. :)

3. don861

don861

Have had similar setup for 6 mos.with no prob.
    Do you have connection manager? Is it the latest
    version (new update came out last week)?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice