1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble creating bootable CD with MagicISO

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by chezzam, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chezzam

chezzam Thread Starter

I need a bootable CD as the computer I am working on has no floppy and a corrupted Win98SE. The WIn98SE CD (OEM) is not bootable.

I have tried to create a bootable CD using MagicISO, following the directions on the MagicISO webpage. I created an ISO file using a boot img I downloaded from bootdisk.com and containing all the necessary boot files. I tested that using Virtual Windows - it booted up the "virtual bootable CD" fine. However, after I burnt the CD (using MagicISO instructions) it wouldn't boot!

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I am desperate for a bootable CD so I can get this PC up and running again!

:)

PS - Bios is set to boot to CD first so that is not the problem.

2. smbd

smbd

I usually use Acronis True Image to make a bootable CD with no problem...
    With MagicISO i had many problems((

3. chezzam

chezzam Thread Starter

If I had Acronis True Image I might be able to use that but I don't. I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and MagicISO. I have also tried to burn a bootable CD using Roxio - it worked once about a yr ago but I can't remember how I did it and I can't find the instructions anywhere to do it again.

Any other suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice