Trouble forwarding email in Thunderbird

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vicks

I use mozzilla thunderbird as email, when I try to forward a message, it has everything outlined in red lines, showing original sender and I cannot remove that information... Please suggest how to forward the way it used to, letting me remove information who it came from.

plodr

Liz
If you wish to remove the original sender, I suggest you don't forward. Create a new message.
Copy the contents of the email by running your mouse cursor over the entire message.
Start a new compose with you as the sender and fill in the recipient.
Put the cursor in the body of the email and paste the contents.

Every forwarded email I receive shows who originally sent it and to whom it was sent. This info is part of the forwarded email.

If I choose to share this email with someone else, I actually do the steps I described above so no other person but me appears.

vicks

If you wish to remove the original sender, I suggest you don't forward. Create a new message.
Copy the contents of the email by running your mouse cursor over the entire message.
Start a new compose with you as the sender and fill in the recipient.
Put the cursor in the body of the email and paste the contents.

Every forwarded email I receive shows who originally sent it and to whom it was sent. This info is part of the forwarded email.

If I choose to share this email with someone else, I actually do the steps I described above so no other person but me appears.
I do that, but the message part still has the red square around it. Thanks for your reply anyway.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does this happen with all emails or just this one?

I use mozzilla thunderbird as email, when I try to forward a message, it has everything outlined in red lines, showing original sender and I cannot remove that information... Please suggest how to forward the way it used to, letting me remove information who it came from.
It is best to just create a new message and copy and paste the contents you want to forward to the email itself. However, it is important to mention that the email was forwarded from a given source.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online