1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trouble gaming computer with 2 gamers and C drive filling up

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jethro111, Dec 4, 2019 at 9:30 AM.

Advertisement
  1. Jethro111

Jethro111 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362,
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
    Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    Hard Drives: C: 464 GB (0 GB Free); F: 232 GB (123 GB Free); G: 931 GB (930 GB Free); H: 465 GB (420 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z390 AORUS MASTER-CF,
    System: American Megatrends Inc.

As you can see the C drive is full! what I have is two gamers on this computer. Gamer 1 is supposed to have windows and their games plus steam and vortex on C drive . Gamer 2 is supposed to have their games, steam and mod organizer 2, on F. we mostly play Highly modded skyrim and fallout plus an assortment of others games. What the problem is, is all of gamer 2s downloads mods etc. are storing on C as well as F. How can I correct this so C is no longer being filled with gamer 2s items? I thought I Have steam set up to download gamer 1 to C and gamer 2s to F? I tried deleting a mod of Fs, on C drive and it deleted it on F drive also! Any ideas? Also how can I move Fs info off of C without losing it all. I am open to any thoughts. Thanks for your help ,Questions/answers, advice, in advance!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Are the two gamers using separate Windows accounts ?

Run Administrative Tools > Disk Cleanup to clear some space off C

3. Jethro111

Jethro111 Thread Starter

1 account 1 main person,gamer 1, gamer 2 as a sub account off of their main page. And thanks for the method of c clean up, after I get the other problem figured out,so I don't lose the info and also refil the drive with duplicate info.

4. Jethro111

Jethro111 Thread Starter

How do I move the 2nd user profile to disk F? Without loosing data?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236629

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice