1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble Having Windows Configuring my wireless connection

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DRK1996, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRK1996

DRK1996 Thread Starter

I am having trouble having windows configuring the wireless connection.

When I go to view the wireless networks, I get a message that says "Windows connot configure the wireless connection."

It instructs me if I want Windows to configure this wireless conenction, start the Wireless Zero Configuation (WZC) service.

It also states for information about starting the WZC service, to see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the microsoft.com web site.

I did that and was told to use the following instructions to start the service:

Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s, and then click OK.
    Double-click Wireless Zero Configuration.
    In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
    In the Service status area, click Start, and then click OK.

I do all of that, and when I get there, it is already lsited as on "automatic."

I must do this every time I need to change my wireless conection.

Is there any help one out there that can point me in the right direction to correct this
    probelm?

I thank you well in advane for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!