1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble Importing burned CDs to iTunes 11.0.1

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by oscargato, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscargato

oscargato Thread Starter

For years I have been able to import CDs which I have burned on my home stereo from vinyl and other sources. Now that I have iTunes 11.0.1, whenever I try to do this I get a message that I have inserted a blank disc. I have a large collection of these burned disks, and would like to import most of them into itunes and put them on my ipod, but haven't been able to do so since updating iTunes to 11.0.1. Thanks in advance for any insights/solutions.
    .... I have even put in CDs that I had imported previously, and am still told that I have inserted a blank disk, though the music from the first time i imported it has always been available, and the disk plays everywhere else. And purchased cd's play and download fine.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Most likely a new DRM scheme in the new version which doesn't like your burned media as it can be identified. You could simply RIP the discs with other software and then import the titles directly from the HDD.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice