1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble installing bus toaster pcmcia scsi card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kfiderer, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfiderer

kfiderer Thread Starter

Hi all,

I just purchased a New Media Bus Toaster pcmcia SCSI adapter and a SCSI external cdrom (HP F1197A) for my laptop (Compaq Armada 4130T, Win98 SE).
    The scsi adapter seems to install okay with the driver disk but when I plug in the cdrom then I get the yellow exclaimation point in device manager and message to install newer driver. The laptop seems to be communicating with the cdrom and making it spin on start up. New Media no longer exists and the new company does seem to support it (Synchrotech). There are some suggestions on their web site to change "options" in device manager but that doesn't come up for me (which they say means that the proper driver isn't installed) though I have tried all of the drivers available (they don't have a "win98" driver specifically). Do I need a driver for the cdrom and where would I find it ?(HP was no help at all).
    Any suggestions would be appreciated because I'm about to throw it out the window!

Thanks,
    Karl

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!