1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble installing digital camera software

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Susie N, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

Hi all. :)

I have Windows XP Home Edition and I'm struggling with the installation of my digital camera software. When I put the disk in, the automatic installation does not start. Instead, it just pops up a window asking me what I want Windows to do. I'm so confused. Can anyone help?

2. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

To be more specific, the window that pops up says this:

Windows can perform the same action each time you insert a disk or connect a device with this kind of file

Pictures

What do you want Windows to do?

Then it gives me a list of things it can do (if you need me to, I can type those out too).

3. gsmitheman

gsmitheman

Most new cameras when connected to a usb port (using XP) and powered up will appear as a removable drive in my computer. When you click on the removable drive a few times you see the pictures in the camera.

You can then drag and drop them into a folder of your choice (created before hand). And finally when you have them secure on your computer, you can do a select all in the camera folder and delete them inorder to free up the Flash memory for more pictures.

Or if one of your choices on the screen is auto run or play click that and things may get started for you.

Failing that you can put the disk in your cd drive and double click it in MyComputer. It will show you the contents of the disk. Look for a file which ends in setup or .exe and double click it. You should now be looking at the screen you expected to see.

Hope one of the above solves your problem.

4. Telstar

Telstar

Hi Suzie,
    Is this the window you see?.....

[​IMG]

Also, what make camera and software?

Telstar :)

5. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

Hi Telstar, all I see in your post is an 'x'. It's a Fujifilm camera/software.

Gsmitheman, thanks for your help. I dug out the USB cable and wa-la! It works! I never dreamed I could do this without the software loaded.

My only complaint is that in the listing of pictures, all it shows it the name of the picture (some random number). With the software on my other computer (Win 98), it actually shows a thumbnail of the picture. Much easier to work with. Is there a way to default this XP to show me thumbnails?

6. kath100

kath100

Susie N
    open the folder that contains your pics.
    At the top of the window click on "view" then "thumbnails"
    :)

7. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

Oh my gosh. That was easy. LOL Thanks so much Kath!! :)

8. kath100

kath100

Thanks Suzie N.
    I also have Fuji cameras, If you need to install the Finepix software tell me the camera model number. Their website provides all the driver software for download. They are large downloads so a broadband connection is recomended.
    :)

9. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

I would use Irfanview and skip the FinePix software...Irfanview beats the pants off Finepix unless you need the EX converter for Raw files

that's just my opinion... :)

buck

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice