1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble Installing Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by belleannah, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. belleannah

belleannah Thread Starter

Windows isn't recognizing my printer when I plug it in. This printer was working fine previously, but I reinstalled Windows yesterday and I can't get it to work since then.

When I try to install the printer driver through the CD, the installation instructions say I have to wait for Windows to detect printer before continuing. I do exactly what the instructions say but Windows never detects at printer.

When I plug in the printer, Windows makes that noise like it's recognizing something being plugged in, but the "Found New Hardware" thing doesn't pop up.

I did notice that if I go into My Computer, when I plug in the printer a "Removable Disk" drive pops up. It knows something is being plugged in but it's like it doesn't realize it's a printer.

There are currently no printers or printer drivers installed on the computer.

I've tried unplugging printer and restarting windows then plugging it back in.

It is connected via USB. I've also tried plugging the USB cord into different USB ports on the computer but it didn't help.

It's like the computer thinks it's a disk drive instead of a printer because that Removable Disk pops up every time.

It is a Canon Multipass F60.

2. Gnomad

Gnomad

The removable disk pops up because the printer has a SD card slot built in. Go to START then RUN and type in devmgmt.msc and then hit enter. Look for an entry for OTHER DEVICES, if it is there double click on it and see if your printer is listed there. If it is delete it. Make sure the USB cable is disconnected and then start the reinstall procedure again making sure you do not hook up the printer until the installer tells you to hook it up.

3. belleannah

No, my printer isn't even listed in the device manager. There are no printers on there at all. I can't figure out why windows isn't recognizing the printer. Does anyone know what else I can do?

4. belleannah

5. belleannah

Anyone?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice