1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble Installing Windows XP Home Full on dell mini 10

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by luke1221, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luke1221

luke1221 Thread Starter

Please help, I have a dell mini 10 netbook and I am trying to install a New fresh copy of windows XP home and when it starts installing all the files, it gets to 57% and stops and says file rpcrt4.dll cannot be copied and when i hit enter to try it again, same thing. If I skip and move on, Its get to the main setup and blue screen comes up and says Unable to locate component,RPCRT4.dll. and that's as far as i can get.

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

If you loaded the system on to a flash drive because the Mini doesn't have a CD ROM, the file may have become corrupted. If you are using a CD, try cleaning it very gently with a fingertip dipped in toothpaste and cleaned up with some lint and definitely NOT wood based kitchen paper.

3. luke1221

luke1221 Thread Starter

I am using the cd with an external cd drive and the cd is spotless,what else could it be. I had lenux running on it before.

4. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

This error must be coming from the CD and not the hard disk so whatever was on there before cannot be causing it. The file is a crucial one without which Windows will never get online so I can only think that the CD is flawed and this file is the first of many which will throw up an error even if you could overcome this first one. Has this CD completed an installation before?

5. luke1221

luke1221 Thread Starter

No I have not. This cd is brand new I just purchased it off eBay. And it did come with the product key.

6. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Return it as defective and get a refund rather than a replacement. Sorry but it's a fact that the chances of buying a legitimate, working M$ OS CD on e-Bay are slimmer than winning the lottery.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!