1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble Logging on as Admin

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Zeuski, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeuski

Zeuski Thread Starter

Hello everyone :)

Im planning on selling this computer soon, so I went through and changed the administrator password. I didnt need to reformat because i had done so recently.

Anyway, after I changed the administrator account password, it no longer logs in as administrator when i boot the computer. Rather, it notifies me that it could not log me in as my admin password has changed. The default log on password is my old one. After it says that it cant log in, it goes to the standard "welcome" screen and i can only log in as the default user.

I went into safe mode and logged in as admin, but it isnt saving those new password preferences.

I am running Windows XP professional sp2

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Zeuski

Zeuski Thread Starter

Another update: Now, when i start up my computer, the message only flashes and then it stays at the "windows is loading" screen.

It "works" in safe mode, but i'm still getting that notification.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice