1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trouble on laptop startup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by IdellAnn, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IdellAnn

IdellAnn Thread Starter

Aug 15, 2012
    I have an Asus laptop model x38v (i think) running vista home premium. (Yes i know its oooolllldd) Upon start up I get the normal Asus logo screen and then normally it would go into windows boot up. Now all i get is a black screen with a blinking curser...... nothing else.
    Ive had boot up issues in the past but have always fixed them by booting from disc. When i tried this time this is what happens/doesnt happen:
    repair your computer
    System recovery options: select an operating system...... None are avalible!!!
    Click next anyway...
    Start up repair:
    Cannot repair automatically
    System restore:
    You must specify which windows installation to restore.....
    No backup restoe locations....
    Memory diagnostics tool
    Problem preventing windows from checking memory upon startup. Run tool manually.
    Im at a lose... any help would be great as this was my fathers laptop and he reciently passed. There is a lot on this laptop that would devistate m eif lost!!!

Thanks in advance!!
  2. mhd1360

May 28, 2012
    Could you see your partitions when you boot up from DVD ? I want to make sure if your partition table is correct , for example if you had C and D , could you see both of them now in repair or recovery options ?
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065210