1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trouble opening certain programs

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ferreter007, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferreter007

ferreter007 Thread Starter

Having trouble opening up certain programs. Firefox being the main one. Error message is "The application failed to initialize preperly (0xc0150004). Click on OK to terminate the application" Sometimes appears in the middle of the program however if i move the error message out of the way i can continue to use firefox as normal. It also sometimes happens if i try to open firefox after closing it however if i reboot my pc i am able to use it again until once again, this error message appears again.

Please help me

thanks in advance

2. BarefootJ

BarefootJ

Welcome to Techguy!
    Are you using 9x, XP, or ?
    Have you added any RAM lately?

I would say to uninstall/reinstall firefox, but you say it is more than one program giving you the same error?

If that doesnt work, then boot to windows recovery console and run a disk check.

you might try:
    The page file has become corrupt, possibly at a bad shut-down. In the Virtual memory settings, set to have no page file, exit, shut down the machine and reboot. Delete PAGEFILE.SYS (on each drive if more than just C: ), set the page file up again and reboot to bring it into use.

Let us know if you need any help with these steps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice