1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble opening files in microsoft works word processor.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by singofam, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. singofam

singofam Thread Starter

I just installed a new HP psc 750 and now I can't open recipes I had saved in the microsoft works database. It tries to open using word processor, then gives me this error message: "Wksdb has caused an error in WKSDB.EXE. Wksdb will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." I have tried restarting my computer but the only thing that seems to work is if I uninstall the new printer. I want to print these out and my old printer doesn't work. Please help!!!!!!!!

2. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

That's a printer driver issue. It is written up in the Microsoft Knowledge base. out of date or incorrect Printer dirvers.
    For an HP 970, they have new drivers because of this issue too.
    TRy going to the HP website and seeing if there are any updated drivers for Download. I will do that too. I have an HP and am used to their very "special" web site.

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

4. singofam

singofam Thread Starter

I am using Microsoft ME. I have the CD for installation that came with the psc and used that. It seems to be the same as the one on the link that was provided in an earlier response. The files try to open using the Works Database, not the word processor as I put in my first post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice