Trouble sending/receiving email in Outlook 2k.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pmartinez

Hi everyone,

I have two user in the office that have been having trouble sending or receiving their email using Outlook 2k. This just recently started happening.
When they open their outlook and press send/receive, they get a message that says:

Some messages couldn't be retreived from the server. This usually happens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network problems. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.

At other times, when they press the send/receive button, the button stays down like if it were stuck.

At first I thought maybe it was just office, so I reinstalled office but that didn't work.

Does anyone know what may be the problem? Could it be the network? I've noticed this morning that our network as been slowing down tremendously.

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it you all let me know? Thank you.

Anne Troy

Anne
I assume you're not using an Exchange Server as it would then not be necessary to hit send/receive.

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

[This message has been edited by Dreamboat (edited 12-02-2000).]

pmartinez

Dreamboat, No we are not using Exchange server, but we are considering it for the future.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts