1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble-shooting Slowdowns (long)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cannonball, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cannonball

cannonball Thread Starter

Hi! Cannonball here!

I am trying to install Office XP Pro Upgrade. Dell Dimension came with Win XP and Office XP Small Business. Need PowerPoint and Access, so bought the upgrade pkg. Box says what I have is a qualifying product. When I try to install, it searches for qualifying product and comes back with message "Can't find qualifying product". How can I get thru this to a successful, upgrade installation?

Have wasted several days bouncing between Dell and MS support sites to no progress. HELLLP! Tried to search, but got one message on time delay or some such????

Thanks very much!

Canonball
    (confused )

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Split off previous thread to xp forum for it to receive proper attention

3. Nick Scott

Nick Scott

This isn't really the right forum for it either as this is an Office problem not a Windows problem. However.....

You have Office XP SBE and you want to add PowerPoint and Access. You have bought an upgrade to Office XP pro. This is the wrong product to add these programs to your computer with.

In order to install an upgrade of Office you have to have a previous version of Office already installed. So to install an Upgrade to Office XP Pro you would need to have Office 2000 Pro already installed. As you have Office XP SBE it can't find anything to upgrade from.

To add extra programs to SBE that weren't on the machine before you need to buy the full install versions of those products. Alternatively, you might get a version of Office 2000 Pro (or even 97 Pro) cheaply now that its "old stock" and install that before trying to upgrade again to Office XP Pro.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!