1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble starting Skype

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Allan Murray, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Allan Murray

Allan Murray Thread Starter

I have not used Skype for some years would like to start again. While in USA recently, I got my son to set it all up for me. It all seemed to work beautifully, but now home, I cannot access it at all. It is there on my list of apps (Windows 10), but I cannot see any way to kick-start it. The icon on my desk-top is unresponsive, but it is probably an old one. What is lacking? Allan

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You can also open it from the actual menu icon. If you click the Start orb, and select "All Programs" (bottom of the list which appears), there should be a Skype icon or folder listed there somewhere.

3. Allan Murray

Allan Murray Thread Starter

Thank you for this. On Windows 10, there is no orb, simply the Windows 'flag' in the lower left corner, but it opens a list of installed programmes (Apps) which includes "Skype". However when I click on it, it does not lead to anything except an option to uninstall. It looks a s if Skype is no longer on my computer, only dead Skype icons and labels. Allan

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You could try installing the newest version over the existing install. That will typically retain any setup and configuration information. Otherwise, you will need to reinstall and go through the setup process again (assuming you know your login information).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!