1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble turning on computer :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redivivus, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redivivus

redivivus Thread Starter

Computer runs 24/7 for weeks without problems.

When I restart in the last few weeks the fans start, HD spins up, but no beep. Takes quite a few tries to get it to boot up and makes me scared it won't start one of these times.

Had 2 BSOD's recently which I haven't had for years so it looks like things might finally be happening.

Haven't seen any other problems yet. HD, graphics, etc all seems to work fine. Guessing the PSU may be dying or something.

I'm not very knowledgeable about hardware so looking for informed opinions. :eek:

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

When you are seeking help you need to post your system component specs. Motherboard; EXACT make, model and revision (if applicable). Processor; EXACT make, model and stepping. Memory; EXACT make and model. Graphics Card (if installed); EXACT make and model. Power Supply; EXACT make and model. Provide links to the components. Also post the operating system.

If the machine is a mass produced machine such as Dell, Gateway, HP, etc. post the EXACT make and model as there may be known problems with certain makes and models.

No one can diagnose a problem without knowing the EXACT components you used in the build or the EXACT make and model of a mass produced machine.

3. adam3088

adam3088

Info on the BSOD's would be useful as well..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice