1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble uninstalling office 2000

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by krazeecrw, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krazeecrw

krazeecrw Thread Starter

I just recently did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. Everything seemed to transfer over fine. When I joined the domain, I was no longer able to access my Office 2000. I keep getting the error message "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and you can access it or contact to vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I looked all over Microsoft and found the Windows Installer Cleanup utility however this only works with versions of installer under 2.0. My installer for this file was 2.0.2.

I went into the registry to delete out the office files but this has not helped either.

Any other ideas???

2. stod73

stod73

So you're saying that the problems didn't start until you joined the domain? Are you trying to use Office2k or are you trying to unistall?

I've never had any luck upgrading. I suggest a fresh install using NTFS and install office2k afterwards.

3. Bruce319

Bruce319

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Try reinsalling the Office Suite. Usually irons out any registry issues.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!