1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble uninstalling office 95

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by scrappydo, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scrappydo

scrappydo Thread Starter

:confused:
    Here goes! Running Windows XP. Had office '95. Puchased Office '07. Loaded Office '07 thinking (or not) it was an inline upgrade as in it would upgrade what I already was running ('95) Ended up having two versions of everything- '95 and '07. Uninstalled '07. Trying to uninstall '95. Go to control panel>change or remove software programs. System populates listing of programs. My '95 lists each individual program included in the package ie. word, excel, etc. etc. etc. separately. Not listed as '95 Office in one fell swoop. So, I have clicked on '95 word (for example)>remove>Prompted to put in my disk. I do so, disk prompts me to put in my product code. I do. It trys to INSTALL the program again. Can't figure out to uninstall it all '95 office.

Also:
    I'm told my existing files will be stored in "My Documents" and I will be able to convert them to "07.

Also:
    Outlook is in my XP right? I don't want to loose everything I have in there.

Summary: How do I uninstall '95?!

Help...:eek:

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

does it show up in add/remove programs in control panel?

3. scrappydo

scrappydo Thread Starter

Yes it shows up in the control panel as individual programs with a'95 after each title. When I uninstalled '07, it was in the control panel as Office 2007 and all I had to do was click on it to go to remove it. The '95 lists the programs included in the '95 package. Maybe it is supposed to. I don't know. I just noticed the difference in how '95 and '07 were listed in the control panel.

Carol

4. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

remove 95

5. scrappydo

scrappydo Thread Starter

It won't let me uninstall '95. That is my problem.
    Trying to uninstall '95. I go to control panel>change or remove software programs. System populates listing of programs. My '95 lists each individual program included in the package ie. word, excel, etc. etc. etc. separately. Not listed as '95 Office in one fell swoop. So, I have clicked on '95 word (for example)>remove>Prompted to put in my disk. I do so, disk prompts me to put in my product code. I do. It trys to INSTALL the program again. Can't figure out to uninstall it all '95 office.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice